Types of hosting services
A hosting service pertains to keeping and/or sharing certain content on a server handled by a website hosting vendor. There are various varieties of hosting services utilized for various ends, so let's have a glimpse at them. In this way, you can pick what you want, based on whether you desire to launch a web page, e-mails, or to share files with chums and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution made available by some hosts, which permits you to share huge files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single objective is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a list of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting solutions frequently involve adverts next to the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a particular spell of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file hosting account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limitation in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting providers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a totally wrong interpretation of the literal denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would allot the load between different hosts of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending different web page hosting services (email, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is just a brand of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; some vendors offer a hosting solution for pictures only. This hosting variant is good if you want to share an immense amount of images with comrades or acquaintances since the solution is typically free. You will obtain a random link for each image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for websites.
- Email hosting: a solution dedicated to tackling your email accounts. Some corporations offer site hosting solutions for web pages, but do not supply an e-mail solution. If you wish to create an email address with your domain name but do not wish to run a website, then the email hosting solution is what you want. You can create e-mail address accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a particular video file, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this method instead of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video file creates a specific amount of CPU load, so with a few video clips and several hundred visitors, you may have difficulty with your webspace hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will permit you to own as many video clips as you want without worrying about system quotas.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you would like to keep a web site. To some degree, it consists of all of the abovementioned hosting brands since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can set up databases and mail address accounts, upload videos, etc. At Lonex, for instance, you can have a peek at web hosting and dedicated hosting services that allow you to get all of the aforesaid services in one single location. There may be limits depending on the type of hosting solution that you've picked - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web space hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the routine email/file/video/image hosting plans that are tailored for specific web content exclusively.